Location: Washington, D.C. or New York, New York
Status: Exempt; Full Time
Reports to: Digital Director
Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog organization that shines a light on the corrupting influence of powerful corporations and special interests on public policymaking. Our work helps pave the way for policies that advance the interest of all Americans, not just the rich and powerful. Accountable.US seeks a Content Manager to support its work to root out corruption and malfeasance.
Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the Content Manager will collaborate with communications and research professionals across several issue-based campaigns to produce engaging content for a variety of social media platforms, email, and the web. This person in this role should enjoy finding new ways to disseminate our content, understands how to adapt trends and creative tactics to our work, and skilled at creating products that push our creativity.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with digital team to craft and execute content strategy and ideas.
- Writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for company websites, blogs, marketing materials, social media, email, landing pages, and similar platforms.
- Work with staff and freelancers to develop creative for campaigns.
- Lead and contribute to creative meetings and brainstorm sessions.
- Assist with the management of content calendars for multiple campaigns; prioritize the production of content to meet deadlines.
- Ensure all content meets brand standards, ensuring a consistent look and feel.
- Work with team to create reports and recommendations based on content performance.
- Stays up to date with current trends and developments about our issue areas, including working and lifting up partner work and finding new opportunities for collaboration.
- The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though travel on occasion is possible. During the pandemic, all Accountable.US employees are working remotely. Some weekend work may be required.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant marketing roles;
- Experience in digital engagement and advocacy;
- The ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences in a digestible, dynamic, and engaging manner;
- Experience using analytics to inform decision-making;
- Experience working with digital tools such as WordPress, TweetDeck, scheduling and social listening tools, analytics platforms, etc.
- Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently;
- Ability to collaborate and work with a cross-functional team throughout the organization to meet goals and achieve results;
- Team player that possesses excellent communications skills and the capacity to adapt, be flexible and nimble; and
- Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Accountable.US recognizes that diverse experiences and interests benefit an organization. We encourage those with experience not fully described in this listing to apply.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Content Manager” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.