Location: Washington, D.C. or New York, New York
Status: Exempt; Full Time
Reports to: Digital Director
Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog organization that shines a light on the corrupting influence of powerful corporations and special interests on public policymaking. Our work helps pave the way for policies that advance the interest of all Americans, not just the rich and powerful. Accountable.US seeks a Deputy Digital Director to support its work to root out corruption and malfeasance.
Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the Deputy Digital Director will collaborate with communications and research professionals to produce campaigns that advance our mission. The ideal candidate has a set of experiences that will help in scaling and expanding our digital program. This includes knowledge of running the day to day of digital programs, launching ad campaigns, and testing new tactics.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with Digital Director to craft and execute overall digital strategy for the organization.
- Understand broad organizational messaging priorities and align to strategic recommendations for organic and paid digital program.
- Assist with the development of digital and social strategies and plans, including contributing to the researching and writing for online campaigns.
- Assist with the project management of the digital program, including organic and paid media projects; manage multiple digital projects and workstreams, including project planning, execution and milestone reporting.
- Develop different content and messaging across platforms and evaluate performance, and make adjustments and recommendations as needed.
- Manage internal creative and vendor relationships to develop innovative projects, drive them to completion and achieve desired results.
- Work with creative team and/or consultants to develop graphics, video, and other content for campaign channels.
- Find new ways to use email, social media, broadcast SMS, and other digital tools and measure effectiveness.
- Must possess experience working with internal teams and vendors on web and mobile design and development; and maintaining websites and driving and measuring web traffic.
- Ensure the efficiency and optimization of the digital program through SEO and SEM.
- Support Digital Director in managing digital team staff, freelancers, and consultants.
- The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though travel on occasion is possible. During the pandemic, all Accountable.US employees are working remotely. Some weekend work may be required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 5-7 years of digital marketing experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant marketing roles;
- Experience in digital engagement and advocacy-based list-building as well as paid acquisition;
- Experience working with digital tools such as WordPress, TweetDeck, social listening tools, analytics platforms, etc.
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences in a digestible and engaging manner;
- Experience using analytics to inform decision-making;
- Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently;
- Ability to collaborate and work with a cross-functional team throughout the organization to meet goals and achieve results;
- Team player that possesses excellent communications skills and the capacity to adapt, be flexible and nimble; and
- Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Accountable.US recognizes that diverse experiences and interests benefit an organization. We encourage those with experience not fully described in this listing to apply.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Deputy Digital Director” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.