Location: Washington, DC
Status: Exempt; Full Time
Reports to: Digital Director
Launched in 2019, Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group exposing corruption across all levels of government and holding our policymakers accountable. The projects at Accountable.US use traditional research tactics, such as public records requests, financial disclosure review, voting record analysis, and more to identify who is influencing public policy debates and why.
Accountable.US is looking for a Digital Content Associate to produce engaging content as part of our aggressive digital program. Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the Digital Content Associate will collaborate with communications and research professionals across several issue-based campaigns to produce engaging content for a variety of social media platforms, email, SMS, and the web. A flexible personality, positive attitude, and creative mind are essential for this role.
This position is based in Washington, DC. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Accountable.US welcomes diversity and strives to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collaborate with communications and research professionals to produce digital content across several issue-based campaigns;
- Create engaging digital content across social media platforms, email, SMS, and the web, that advances the work of our issue-based campaigns;
- Help build digital campaigns that drive advocacy, marketing, and policy objectives, both online and offline;
- Monitor the conversation online related to the work of our issue-based campaigns, and identify effective engagement opportunities;
- Define relevant metrics and regularly compile and present data for reporting; and
- Stay up-to-date on the latest best practices and emerging trends in digital and social media.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum 3 years of digital marketing and CRM experience, including hands-on experience with SEO, SEM, social, mobile, display, web, email and database marketing efforts as well as technology platforms such as NGP, VAN, and WordPress for content distribution, email marketing/deliverability, and social media management;
- Minimum 3 years of digital campaign experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant marketing roles;
- Experience in digital engagement and advocacy-based list-building as well as paid acquisition;
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences in a digestible and engaging manner;
- Experience using analytics to inform decision-making; and
- Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Graphic design, website development, and/or video editing skills are a plus, but not required.
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Smart political judgement and acumen;
- Excellent storytelling ability;
- Handles her/himself well under pressure;
- Extremely well organized with strong attention to detail;
- Strong multitasking skills;
- Flexible personality;
- Sense of humor; and
- Works well in and contributes to a collegial environment.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Digital Content Associate Applicant” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.