Position: Digital Director
Location: Washington, DC or New York, New York
Status: Exempt; Full-time
Reports to: VP of Communications
Do you have a passion for using digital strategies to create progressive change? Do you enjoy developing hard-hitting, creative online campaigns in a collaborative, fast-paced environment? Are you looking to help take a growing digital program to the next level?
Accountable.US seeks a Digital Director to lead an aggressive digital program to support its work. The Digital Director will work to deliver best-in-class digital strategy and manage the overall digital program. This role will focus on digital engagement, email marketing, social media strategy, and awareness-based list building, in addition to overseeing general digital work such as paid media, content creation, and paid acquisition. The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though projects may include travel on occasion.
Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog organization that shines a light on the corrupting influence of powerful corporations and special interests on public policymaking. Our work helps pave the way for policies that advance the interests of all Americans, not just the rich and powerful. If you’re looking for a growing, fast-paced organization that invests in its people and strives to create more equitable and inclusive communities, then Accountable.US could be the place for you. We offer competitive salaries, exceptional benefits, and we encourage a healthy work/life balance for our staff.
- Develop and lead the implementation of digital strategy across several issue-based campaigns, as well as assist with managing multiple online brands;
- Build digital campaigns that drive impact, awareness, marketing, and policy objectives, both online and offline;
- Oversee digital and email marketing, organic and paid media, social, creative development, and measurement for several unique programs and campaigns;
- Work cross-functionally with research and media relations counterparts on campaigns and projects to ensure efforts are strategic, collaborative, and effective, specifically working to execute an engaging social and digital media presence, including rapid response;
- Coordinate and collaborate on digital efforts with internal and external stakeholders, including staff, consultants, and partners;
- Manage and mentor a team of 3-5 full-time staff;
- Manage digital consultants, including ad vendors, digital marketing firms, and design and development shops;
- Be responsible for creative and brand standards across all digital channels; and
- Identify opportunities to integrate diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ) into digital and social strategy, campaign plans, execution, and measurement.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 8-10 years of digital campaign experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, digital agencies, or in relevant marketing roles;
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing staff and/or consultants;
- Digital marketing and CRM experience, including hands-on experience with SEO, SEM, social, mobile, display, web, email, and database marketing efforts as well as technology platforms such as NGPVAN, Mailchimp, and/or WordPress for content distribution, email marketing/deliverability, and social media management;
- Expert level experience in digital engagement and list-building as well as paid acquisition;
- Experience leading teams in determining and tracking measurement, specifically monitoring and interpreting digital and social analytics and producing reports for feedback;
- Project management background, including staffing, timelines, and budgeting;
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences;
- Graphic design, website development, and/or video editing skills are a plus;
- Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently;
- Demonstrated interest in and ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion; and
- A flexible personality and positive attitude.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, a 401(k) match, generous paid time off, professional development opportunities, and more. During the pandemic, all Accountable.US employees are working remotely. Some weekend work may be required.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Director” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.