Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Non-Exempt; Full Time
Reports to: President
Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group that exposes corruption in public life and holds government officials and corporate special interests accountable by bringing their misconduct to light. In doing so, we make way for policies that advance the interests of all Americans, not just the rich and powerful. Accountable.US seeks an Executive Assistant to support its work. The Executive Assistant will support senior leaders at Accountable.US and the staff as a whole.
The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. The position is based in Washington, D.C., though travel on occasion is possible. During the pandemic, all Accountable.US employees are working remotely. Some weekend work may be required.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President and Executive Director:
- Organize, prioritize and handle emails and phone calls, process incoming mail and determine level of priority and follow-up;
- Manage the to-do list and regularly support the completion of tasks;
- Manage calendars and schedules, providing advanced information of key events, including details and facts ahead of time;
- Maintain current contact lists;
- Arrange for conference rooms and audio/visual requirements as necessary;
- Schedule and manage travel and logistics for in-person and virtual meetings;
- Prepare and submit expense reports.
Stakeholder Communication and Programmatic Support:
Complete a broad variety of tasks related to effective communications and the development of meetings for the President and Executive Director, and occasionally the broader Accountable.US team or senior staff:
- Collaborate and build relationships internally and externally, including communicating effectively with people at all levels of the organization;
- Support meetings with internal and external stakeholders by taking notes, preparing meeting materials, and following up with participants;
- Manage external contacts; proactively understanding who they are and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts;
- Effectively handle composing and preparing correspondence to key stakeholders with a high degree of professionalism and accuracy;
- Assist the broader team in coordinating the agenda of team meetings and off-sites.
Systems and Operations Support:
Provide support for a range of systems to help ensure Accountable.US is operating effectively and efficiently:
- Provide general office management support, including managing physical and digital records and coordinating with vendors as-needed;
- Support the adoption and integration of operational systems across the team;
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of processes;
- Proactively monitor day-to-day activities to identify ways to boost productivity.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to quickly process and analyze information;
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects;
- Impeccable professional written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations with poise, tact, and diplomacy;
- Solid organizational, project management and critical thinking skills, with ability to multi-task and make changes quickly and efficiently, including ability to exercise authority regarding significant matters without specific instructions or prescribed procedures;
- Ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment;
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and manage changing priorities;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications; and
- Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.