Location: Washington, DC
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group exposing corruption across all levels of government. The organization seeks an HR Director to, in partnership with leadership, develop and oversee all aspects of human resources infusing the organization’s values and culture with the required aspects of compliance.
The HR Director will manage complex organizational, personnel, cultural, management and staffing situations with a focus on confidentiality and diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) principles. The right candidate for this position will be able to provide guidance to A.US leadership, ensure compliance with applicable laws, policies, and trainings, and keep a laser-focus on achieving organizational objectives.
The position is based in Washington, D.C., though this work may include travel on occasion. Some weekend work may be required. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Hiring and Onboarding
- Create and evolve an appropriate, holistic onboarding process with required aspects of compliance;
- Oversee the hiring process including creation of position descriptions, posting positions, reporting, and tracking candidates; and
- Facilitate onboarding of all new hires, including all appropriate orientation trainings and liaising with other members of the team to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
Culture and Retention
- Manage organizational, personnel, cultural, management and staffing situations and trainings with a focus on DEIJ principles;
- Provide guidance to A.US leadership, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, policies, and trainings;
- Manage staff internal communications; and
- Manage complex HR projects as required.
- Support training strategy to develop organizational focus on DEIJ, anti-harassment, development of managers and teams; and
- Help to identify and curate list of external partners to address identified training needs.
- Track and document all employment changes;
- Process employee separations and conduct exit interviews;
- Assist with oversight/management of the organization’s IT systems, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7 or more years of relevant professional experience in human resources, preferably with nonprofit organizations.
- Proven commitment to and interest in DEIJ issues.
- Experience working with executives and balancing organization-level priorities.
- Experience managing a high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with all employees.
- Ability to provide excellent service, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine matters, to suggest effective solutions when elevating challenges or concerns.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others.
- Ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Director” in subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.