Patients Over Pharma Unveils Updated Trump Administration Watchdog Tool
BigPharmasBestFriends.org reveals at least 60 pharmaceutical companies and lobbying groups represented in the Trump administration
Washington, D.C. – Today, Patients Over Pharma released an updated and expanded version of their BigPharmasBestFriends.org website, which reveals the latest on Trump Administration officials who made millions of dollars from the pharmaceutical industry, the number of pharmaceutical companies and lobbying groups represented in the Trump administration, the revolving door between the Trump Administration and the pharmaceutical industry, and more. Since the website was first released last year, Patients Over Pharma has tripled the number of Administration members with Big Pharma ties being tracked and has exposed even more money flowing between Big Pharma and current and former members of the Administration.
“President Trump promised to drain the swamp and take on the pharmaceutical industry, but anyone who visits BigPharmasBestFriends.org can see that the swamp has been filled with Big Pharma swamp creatures and is muddier than ever,” said Eli Zupnick, spokesman for Patients Over Pharma. “We are going to make sure that people understand that President Trump and his administration are bought, paid for, and influenced by Big Pharma – and nobody should be surprised that they are breaking every promise they’ve made when it comes to reducing the cost of prescription drugs for patients and families.”
Patients Over Pharma will be updating this tool as more information comes in to make sure that the public has the latest and best information on all of the ways that Big Pharma is influencing the Trump Administration. Anyone with tips or information should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The updated and expanded BigPharmasBestFriends.org shines a spotlight on the following facts:
- Trump administration figures have cumulatively made at least $40 million from work related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- In 2019, there were at least 60 pharmaceutical companies and lobbying groups represented in the Trump administration.
- At least nine current or former Trump administration figures previously worked as lobbyists for the pharmaceutical industry.
- At least 24 current or former Trump administration officials provided legal services to the pharmaceutical industry before joining the administration.
- In 2018 and 2019, at least two Trump administration officials have left the administration to go work for a pharmaceutical company.
- Pharmaceutical companies contributed $1,535,000 to Trump’s 2017 inauguration.