Accountable Pharma (formerly Patients Over Pharma) is focused on exposing the deep ties between the Trump Administration and the pharmaceutical industry, the revolving door between Big Pharma and the federal government, and how corruption within Congress, the administration, and the biopharmaceutical industry is hurting patients and their families.
Recent Reports & Analyses
- REPORT: Operation Warp Speed at Two Months: $4 Billion for Drug Companies, Zero Assurances for Patients and Taxpayers. New report marking two months since the formal launch of the Trump Administration’s Operation Warp Speed highlights how the Trump Administration has shrouded the program in secrecy, refused to release the contracts between the government and the drug companies, and won’t tell taxpayers and patients what kind of assurances they received, if any, that vaccines developed with taxpayer support will be affordable and accessible for every American.
- ANALYSIS: Gilead Hands Shareholders Over $2 Billion While Shamelessly Profiteering From Taxpayer-Funded COVID-19 Drug. Analysis by Patients Over Pharma demonstrated how Gilead Sciences paid its shareholders billions due to a jump in stocks as a result of its COVID-19 drug treatment remdesivir, a therapeutic developed with taxpayer dollars.
- Freedom of Information Act Request to Demand Answers on COVID-19 Treatment Funding Reversal. Patients Over Pharma filed a Freedom of Information Act request to the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) in an effort to uncover whether federal funding for COVID-19 treatments was politicized.
- Letter to Justice Department: Is Teva Pharmaceuticals Investigation Being Influenced By Political Pressure? After the Justice Department gave no indication of whether it would investigate Teva Pharmaceuticals as part of a drug price-fixing scheme, Patients Over Pharma sent a letter to Attorney General William Barr demanding answers on the status of the case and whether it was influenced by political pressure.
- Call for an Independent Patient Advocate to Audit ‘Operation Warp Speed’. After the Trump Administration launched Operation Warp Speed with virtually no public accountability measures, Patients Over Pharma called on Congress to mandate an independent patient advocate to audit the vaccine development program.
- COVID-19: Freedom of Information Requests Following New Warning Signs on Vaccine Pricing. Following reports that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) refused to confirm whether the Trump Administration secured any assurances regarding vaccine pricing from drug companies who had received over $2 billion in federal vaccine development investments, Patients Over Pharma filed Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests seeking the details of any vaccine development-related contracts between drug companies and HHS.
- Letter to Alex Azar: Disclose Details of Former Pharma Exec’s “Operation Warp Speed” Appointment. Patients Over Pharma sent a letter to Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar requesting information regarding former drug company executive Dr. Moncef Slaoui’s appointment to lead Operation Warp Speed and called for a two-year cooling-off period to ensure that Slaoui wouldn’t immediately benefit his future employer.