Accountable Pharma (formerly Patients Over Pharma) is focused on exposing the deep ties between the Trump Administration and the pharmaceutical industry, the revolving door between Big Pharma and the federal government, and how corruption within Congress, the administration, and the biopharmaceutical industry is hurting patients and their families.
Recent Reports & Analyses
- NEW REPORT: President Trump’s 9-Month Campaign To Politicize COVID Science & Pressure Public Health Experts. Accountable Pharma released a new report highlighting the past nine months of COVID-19 politicization, misinformation, pressure, and intimidation of career scientists by President Trump and his political appointees.
- NEW RESEARCH: PhRMA-Funded Groups Are Boosting Amy Coney Barrett’s SCOTUS Nomination. Accountable.US released new research showing that the drug industry’s main lobbying group, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), has given over $3 million to conservative advocacy groups that are now leading the charge to jam the nominee through the Senate.
- NEW REPORT: Massive Vaccine Development Profiteering at Five Top Drug Companies; Over $145 Million Pocketed By Executives Since Start of Operation Warp Speed. Accountable Pharma released a new report revealing that top executives and directors at five top drug companies receiving billions of taxpayer dollars through Operation Warp Speed have made more than $145 million cashing out their stock options since the launch of Operation Warp Speed on May 15th, 2020.
- Before $765M Deal, Kodak Spent Millions on Trump’s TV Gig. New reporting in the Daily Beast revealed that despite President Trump’s effort to distance himself from Eastman Kodak Co.’s recent $765 million deal with the government to produce drugs in the U.S., Trump’s relationship with the company spans back to his reality TV days — where the company spent millions advertising on President Trump’s “Celebrity Apprentice” show.
- REPORT: Operation Warp Speed at Two Months: $4 Billion for Drug Companies, Zero Assurances for Patients and Taxpayers. New report marking two months since the formal launch of the Trump Administration’s Operation Warp Speed highlights how the Trump Administration has shrouded the program in secrecy, refused to release the contracts between the government and the drug companies, and won’t tell taxpayers and patients what kind of assurances they received, if any, that vaccines developed with taxpayer support will be affordable and accessible for every American.
- ANALYSIS: Gilead Hands Shareholders Over $2 Billion While Shamelessly Profiteering From Taxpayer-Funded COVID-19 Drug. Analysis by Patients Over Pharma demonstrated how Gilead Sciences paid its shareholders billions due to a jump in stocks as a result of its COVID-19 drug treatment remdesivir, a therapeutic developed with taxpayer dollars.
- Watchdog Group Calls for Outgoing Trump Administration to Back Down From Threats to Fire Dr. Fauci, Other Public Health Experts. Accountable Pharma released a statement calling on President Trump, Secretary Azar, and other political appointees in the Administration to back down from their pre-election threats to fire key scientists and public health officials.
- Watchdog Group to Pfizer: Release Vaccine Data for Independent Review, Freeze Insider Stock Sales to Prevent Executive Profiteering Off Pre-Verified News. Accountable Pharma released a statement on the announcement by Pfizer that early data suggests that their COVID-19 vaccine is 90% effective, calling on them to release their data for independent review.
- Watchdog Groups FOIA Operation Warp Speed Contracts With Advanced Technology International (ATI). A group of ethics watchdogs are calling for increased transparency on contracts between the federal government and defense management firm, Advanced Technology International, Inc (ATI), for funding to Operation Warp Speed drug corporations.
- COVID-19 VACCINE: Watchdog Group Calls for Drug Companies to Adhere to FDA Guidelines Blocked by Trump Political Staff. Accountable Pharma released a statement calling on drug companies working on COVID-19 vaccines to make it clear that they will adhere to the guidelines that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) scientists and public health experts have proposed to ensure safety and efficacy.
- Watchdog Groups Request Information from HHS, DOD on COVID-19 Vaccine Contracts. A trio of watchdog groups are calling for the federal government to publicly release copies of the coronavirus vaccine development contracts signed with pharmaceutical companies that have received federal funding. American Oversight, Accountable Pharma, and Lower Drug Prices Now today filed Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests with the Department of Defense (DOD) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) requesting the release of the contracting records.
- NEW: Moderna Admits Patent Uncertainty; Watchdog Calls For New Investigation Into Executive Stock Dumping. Accountable Pharma called for a new investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) into whether Moderna hid this information from the public while their executives cashed out millions in stock options.
- Watchdog Group to FDA: Patients Need More Than Words On Vaccine Safety Assurance; Supports Health Expert Calls for Additional Transparency. Patients Over Pharma called on the FDA to listen to the health experts calling for additional transparency and rigor in the approval process and Congress should mandate strict transparency and reporting requirements so that patients and families can know that any vaccine approval will be based on science and data, not Trump’s personal interests.
- Watchdog Group Demands Information On Secretive Operation Warp Speed Contract. Patients Over Pharma filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to shine additional light on the shadowy arrangement between Operation Warp Speed and former drug company executives Dr. Moncef Slaoui, Carlo de Notaristefani, William Erhardt, and Rachel Harrigan.
- Freedom of Information Act Request to Demand Answers on COVID-19 Treatment Funding Reversal. Patients Over Pharma filed a Freedom of Information Act request to the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) in an effort to uncover whether federal funding for COVID-19 treatments was politicized.
- Letter to Justice Department: Is Teva Pharmaceuticals Investigation Being Influenced By Political Pressure? After the Justice Department gave no indication of whether it would investigate Teva Pharmaceuticals as part of a drug price-fixing scheme, Patients Over Pharma sent a letter to Attorney General William Barr demanding answers on the status of the case and whether it was influenced by political pressure.
- Call for an Independent Patient Advocate to Audit ‘Operation Warp Speed’. After the Trump Administration launched Operation Warp Speed with virtually no public accountability measures, Patients Over Pharma called on Congress to mandate an independent patient advocate to audit the vaccine development program.
- COVID-19: Freedom of Information Requests Following New Warning Signs on Vaccine Pricing. Following reports that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) refused to confirm whether the Trump Administration secured any assurances regarding vaccine pricing from drug companies who had received over $2 billion in federal vaccine development investments, Patients Over Pharma filed Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests seeking the details of any vaccine development-related contracts between drug companies and HHS.
- Letter to Alex Azar: Disclose Details of Former Pharma Exec’s “Operation Warp Speed” Appointment. Patients Over Pharma sent a letter to Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar requesting information regarding former drug company executive Dr. Moncef Slaoui’s appointment to lead Operation Warp Speed and called for a two-year cooling-off period to ensure that Slaoui wouldn’t immediately benefit his future employer.